To run multiple sites under a main page with links, follow this:
For example, suppose you wish to create a homepage with links to various technologies and let each technology have an individual site.
- Suppose there are three technologies you wish to cover – Joomla, ASP, Flash.
- Now create a folder for each of these in your root. Thus, you will have three folders called Joomla, ASP, flash.
- Accordingly, create 3 databases (you can manage with a single database also, but I recommend using seperate databases for each one!)
- In each of these folders, extract a Joomla! installer package and run your installer. e.g. by opening http://www.site.com/joomla or http://www.site.com/flash. where www.site.com remains your root address.
- Complete the installation for all three sites using the three databases you created earlier!
- Now you can create a simple index.html where you can provide links to each website.
e.g. For joomla website, create a link to www.site.com/joomla.