Restoring Joomla 1.5 Sample Data
Sometimes after installing Joomla and playing a little bit around… many of you want to backup the site as a fresh install. Obviously most of users basically do a fresh install. But yes there is another way to do the things in a manner without installing the Joomla once again!
- Follow the steps below to get it going.
- Download a copy of the joomla version installed on your site from www.joomla.org
- This will obviously be a zip file… so extract it
- Now, go under the extracted folder get to this path /installation/sql/mysql/sample_data.sql
- This is the file which has the sample data in SQL format.
- To get this file going… you will need to have access to phpmyadmin for your hosting.
- Open this file up with either a text editor or html editor. (both will work)
- Now, this is the most important step. All the tables will be as having prefix jos_ but your current joomla site might have it with jos_ or whatever you did while installing joomla. ( you can fine it in your configuration.php file and also in the global configuration tab in your joomla administrator.
- Now replace all those jos_ with you jos_ or mos_ or what you have with your joomla install. Yu can do it by pressing Ctrl + H for notepad (find and replace) and Ctrl + F for Dreamweaver.
- Once done! Get to your phpmyadmin drop all the tables and import this sql file.
- The last step… your admin will not have any password now. Here is a tutorial on how to change your joomla administrator password via phpmyadmin.
Source: jm-tutorials.com/blog/4-technology/65.html (Unfortunately the site was loaded with malicious software when checked last…a long time ago!)